Heads up! National S’mores Day is August 10th this year. You can not celebrate the day without some delicious marshmallows. Look no further than to Smashmallow! I came across their marshmallows a few months back and fell in love with the delightful flavors that they have available. These are no ordinary marshmallows… these are next-level!
What are SmashMallows?
Smashmallows marshmallows are shaped like cubes and are light and fluffy. They make an excellent snack or are also excellent components in recipes that call for marshmallows. These little bites of bliss will take your taste buds on a trip to happiness and joy! The great thing about these marshmallows is that they are made with organic cane sugar, they are non-GMO, and they are naturally gluten-free. Also, each SmashMallow comes in at 20 calories per piece. 4 pieces are considered a serving so one serving size of this yummilicious treat comes in at only 80 calories.
Edited to add that there are now more flavors of SmashMallows available!
There are also SmashMallows Crispy Rice Treats!
Smashmallow Brownie Pie Recipe!
I came up with a wonderful gluten-free S’mores Brownie Pie recipe that is quite simple for you to make at home.
- 1 bag of SmashMallows flavor of your choice. I used the cookie dough flavor.
- 1 box of Pamela’s Gluten-Free Graham Crackers
- 5 tablespoons of ghee or unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bag of Pamela’s Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Cast iron skillet to cook the pie in 9 or 10″
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 graham crackers, ghee/unsalted butter, coconut sugar, and your pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse these ingredients until well combined and you have a fine, sandy mixture.
- Firmly press your pie crust ingredients into the bottom of the cast iron pan. You will want to do this on the bottom and sides of the pan. It is super important to make sure this is well packed in. You can use a large metal measuring cup to press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake your pie crust at 350 degrees for approximately 13 minutes. The edges of your crust will have a nice golden color. Allow the pie crust to cool before placing your ingredients from the next step into the pan.
- We will prepare the brownie now. Using a large bowl combine the brownie mix, 1/2 cup oil, 1 large egg, and 1/4 cup water. Use a soft spatula to incorporate all ingredients. Do not over-mix them.
- You will have a thick batter. Carefully place the brownie mix into the cooled pie crust and smooth it out into the pan.
- Bake the brownie/pie crust mix for appx. 15 minutes.
- At this point, you will want to add your bag of SmashMallows to the top of the brownie. Arrange them evenly around the pan.
- Bake the pie an additional 3 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the SmashMallows have melted down a bit you will know your dessert is ready to eat. If you want a golden top you can place the dessert in a broiler for a few minutes. Placing this in the broiler is totally optional.
- Slice your pie, eat, and enjoy!
Check out those slices of pie with ooey, gooey Cookie Dough SmashMallows. Such an indulgent treat and so damn tempting to eat the entire skillet! This dessert is decadent and rich from the Pamela’s Gluten-Free Brownie Mix.
You can conveniently find SmashMallows online at Amazon.com!
You can also find Pamela’s Gluten-Free Brownie Mix and Gluten-free Graham Crackers on Amazon.
Please check out my previous post about SmashMallows HERE for another recipe and more information on them.
You can also use the store locator to find out where you can buy these locally.
What flavor of SmashMallows do you think you will enjoy the most? Cinnamon Churro might just be my fave! Leave me a comment and let me know!
Disclaimer: THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS. I DO RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF ITEMS ARE PURCHASED THROUGH THESE LINKS. Proceeds from the Amazon Afiiliate Program help make this blog a better blogging experience for my readers. This is a sponsored post and these items were sent to me in exchange for a review. All opinons are my own.