For the past couple of days I have been trying out this Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel. I am really loving this mix and it goes well stirred into coffee, mixed with unsweetened almond milk in a smoothie, or it makes one hell of an awesome smoothie bowl as I will explain below. The taste is incredible as well, which is sometimes hard to come across with a protein powder. Today I will be talking about Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel and how versatile it is.
First off a little bit of info on Primal Kitchen’s Collagen Fuel. This product contains healthy fats from the coconut and it promotes healthy hair, skin, nails, joints, and also helps repair muscle. This Collagen Fuel is also packed with a whopping 10 grams of protein per 1 scoop serving. If Vanilla Coconut is not your jam they do offer the Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel in a delicious chocolate flavor. Each tub of Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel will give your 24 individual servings.
Many protein powders on the market contain whey. This mix does not contain any whey, soy, or dairy and it is perfect for those on a paleo diet. You know you are getting a quality product from Primal Kitchen because they only source ingredients from cows that are grass-fed.
The great thing about this Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel for me is that it helps promote a healthy gut. It had prebiotic fibers in it. I have been doing more research on health and I am hearing more and more about how important our gut health is and that a gut that is off balance can through your whole system out of whack.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and nutritious smoothie bowl recipe that I came up with for you. This was perfect for a Tried It Tuesday post because not only is the Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel new to me but so was the guava. This past weekend was the first time I ever brought home a guava fruit.
Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Bowl w/ Dragon Fruit and Guava
RECIPE (makes two servings)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 of a dragon fruit (I used a golden pitaya in mine)
- 1 guava
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel
- Dragonfruit & kiwi fruit slices to top
- Unsweetened coconut flakes to top
- Place frozen banana, 1/2 of your dragon fruit, the flesh of the guava, and your full-fat coconut milk and blend until smooth
- Pour smoothie mix into 2 bowls and top with unsweetened coconut flakes, kiwi fruit slices and dragon fruit slices.
- Eat and enjoy!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Let me know if you try the recipe!
Are you familiar with Primal Kitchen Foods? What would you love to have from their online store? Leave me a comment and let me know what you are crushing on!
If you would love to save some money on your next Primal Kitchen purchase please use my
Primal Kitchen coupon code GIVEITAWHIRL10
Other posts you might enjoy at Give It A Whirl Girl
- Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Bars REVIEW
- Kettle & Fire COUPON and REVIEW – Bone Broth
- A Trip To Eastern Market in Detroit and DeVries & Company 1887