I love to start my day with a nutritious and filling breakfast. This one is naturally sweetened and has no added sugar. If you love the Almond Joy chocolate bar you gotta give this smoothie bowl a whirl! This a great, healthier alternative.
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Just Coconut Chunks
- 3/4 cup Thai Kitchen full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (I use Nature’s Way coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I use Simple Truth organic from Kroger)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (I use Simple Truth organic)
- Small handful ofÂ Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips or make it a large handful if you love lots of chocolate!
- Place the 2 frozen bananas, coconut chunks , and coconut milk into the blender. Blend on smoothie mode until ingredients are well blended. Add more coconut milk if necessary.
- In a saute pan melt down the coconut oil. Place the coconut flakes in the pan once the coconut is melted. Use a medium heat setting for this. Continue to warm up the flakes until they are nicely toasted and have a golden color.
- Remove the banana and coconut mixture from the blender cup and place in a bowl.
- Top your smoothie bowl with the toasted coconut flakes, slivered almonds, and the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy your Almond Joy smoothie bowl without too much guilt! Makes 1-2 servings so you can enjoy it all by your sweet self or share with a loved one.
What kind of breakfast do you like to enjoy in the morning? Sweet or savory?Â
Let me know in the comments.
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. I do receive a small commission if products are purchased through those links.