I made this red raspberry wine dessert sauce on a whim last night. It paired so nicely with my my Revele white chocolate raspberry gelato. The recipe to whip up this awesome sauce is so simple and easy. Also there are no added sugars in this sauce. The raw honey will naturally sweeten the sauce.
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of a red wine. For best results use a sweet red or a raspberry dessert wine. I used Sandhill Crane Vineyards Rhapsody in Red
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey. I used Madhava.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your raspberries and place them in a small saucepan on medium-high heat along with the wine, honey, and lemon juice
- Stir the mixture frequently and bring to a low boil.
- I used a wooden spoon to mash the raspberries up a bit as they were warmed
- Once the mixture has been boiling, continue stirring until the sauce thickens. I stirred for apx 5 minutes
- Take the saucepan off the burner and allow to cool for a bit and then place it in the refrigerator allowing it to cool for at least one hour.
- Enjoy your raspberry sauce on top of your favorite ice-cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato.
This raspberry gelato goes together well with some chunks of white chocolate. I love to use a high quality chocolate in my recipes and you can never go wrong with Valrhona chocolate. White chocolate and raspberry are most definitely a match made in heaven. If Valrhona is not in your budget I love the white chocolate bar from Green & Black’s. I take about one quarter of the bar and chop it up into chunks with a knife.
What do you love to top your sundae with? Do you have any fun, creative ways to dress up your ice-cream?
Leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. I do receive a small commission if products are purchased through those links.